Saturday, June 30, 2012

Finger Painting


June 29, 2012 @ 8:22 PM, I had 120 seconds to paint three dancers. John White gave me the details and asked if I was interested in doing a show for Pamela Pilkenton. I told John I’d have to get back to him—then immediately asked my wife how she would feel if I painted three nude dancers. I explained I would be touching these women, but not inappropriately. I’m not sure if my wife believes in God, but I know she believes in me.

Well, I am just too tired, too lazy, or too beat up to write any more about last night.

Thank you:

Juan (to me) Carlos (to you) Velasquez
for keeping the boys busy at Greasy Rat's--
I eat the pizza up! 

John White
for the referral and teaching me, by example, 
the principals of Performance Art. 

Pamela Pilkenton
for trusting my vision and 
inviting me to be a part of yours.
(I used washable tempura paint.) 

Angelina Salinas (Mrs. Wao!)
for smiling when I am too tired to. 

Steve Aguilar
for filming even though there was terrible contrast. 

Raquel Varela
for being kind enough to introduce yourself to me 
when other people wanted to call the cops. 

Kerri Krizer
for being Life.

Sam Pope
for being Creativity. 

Lauren Gilkey
for being Love. 

Doing it for the Arts,

F. Albert Salinas
a.k.a
Master Wao (Wow!)


I hope this slideshow sums up whatever I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment